Aadhar cards are issued by the government as a unique form of identification for the citizens of India. Currently, Aadhaar card and numbers have been made important to avail the services of banks and other public institutions. For children under the age of 5, the government has launched the ‘Blue Aadhar Card’ Aadhar Card, also known as Bal Aadhar.
What is a blue Aadhaar card? (What is Blue Aadhar Card?)
Bal Aadhaar is issued to children under the age of 5 and they are not required to provide biometric information while registering for Aadhaar. After the child has passed the age of 5, it becomes mandatory to update this data with UIDAI. In order to distinguish between the Aadhaar card for adults and children, UIDAI issues child Aadhaar in blue color for children under 5 years old. Most government IDs are issued to residents of India after they reach the age of 18. But Aadhaar is the only document for which even a newborn can register.
During the delivery of the child Aadhaar, UIDAI will not capture the child’s biometric data. Demographics are taken from the Aadhar map of one of the parents. Like Aadhaar, which is intended for adults, Bal Aadhaar also contains a 12-digit unique identification number and must be updated with biometrics once the child turns 5 years old. The last set of biometric data is collected when the child turns 15.
Benefits Of Aadhaar For Kids:
- Bal Aadhar works as ID for children when they travel in flight or train or while staying in hotels.
- Most schools in India have made it a mandatory document to be submitted at the time of admission.
- Aadhar for children helps save huge subsidy amount given to children under Indian government midday meal provision as it will help to check fake students.
Documents needed for Baal Aadhaar
- Below is the list of documents required for the registration of the child’s Aadhar birth certificate:
- Each of the parents must provide their Aadhar card details when registering for their child’s Aadhar card as it will be linked to the parent’s Aadhar card.
- If the child is admitted to the school, the parent must provide the school ID card or a genuine statement from the school proving that the child is studying at that school.
- If the child is admitted to the school, the school ID card must be presented.
How to Apply for Blue Aadhar Card? (How to Apply for Blue Aadhar Card?)
Follow these steps to apply for the Blue Aadhar Card:
- Before going to the nearest Aadhar Card Registration Center, keep all necessary documents such as proof of address and child’s birth certificate with you.
- Book your appointment at Aadhar Card Enrollment Center if applicable or visit directly.
- Take the registration form, fill it in and attach the documents.
- Parents will have to provide their Aadhaar details themselves.
- Provide a mobile number for registration for Blue Aadhar Card.
- At the registration center click on the photo of the child. The ‘Aadhaar’ of the child is linked to the UID (Aadhaar Card Number) of his/her parents. All documents are verified at the enrollment center.
- Submit a confirmation letter after confirmation.
- An SMS will also be sent to the registered mobile number.
- The Aadhar card number will be provided to the newborn child within 60 days of registration.
Steps to Process Bal Aadhar Card Online Registration
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Click on Aadhar Card Registration link.
- Enter all credentials, including child’s name, parent’s phone number, email address, etc.
- After entering all personal information, all demographic information such as home address, city, district, state, etc. must be filled in.
- Go ahead and click on the Fix Appointment tab. Now set the registration date for the Aadhar card.
- The applicant can choose the nearest enrollment center to proceed with the enrollment process.
- Visit the Enrollment Center on the date of the appointment along with all required documents. Bring a reference number with the documents.
- After verification by the relevant authorities and when the child is 5 years old, the biometric information is obtained and it is linked to the Aadhar card.
- After the confirmation process, the applicant will be given a confirmation number that can be used to track the status of the application.
- After verification is complete, you will receive a notification via SMS to your registered mobile number.
- After the enrollment process is completed, you will receive a text message within 60 days and the child will be given an Aadhar Child Card.
Tracking Status of Baal Aadhaar Card
Below are the steps you need to follow to track the status of the Bal Aadhar card
- Visit UIDAI . Official Web Portal
- Hover over the “My Aadhaar” option on the main page, then select “Check Aadhaar Status”
- Enter the numerical SRN code that you will receive via SMS on your mobile phone.
- Then enter the UID number, enter the security code and click the “Send” button,
- You can check your Aadhaar status online.
UIDAI Fee for Aadhaar for Kids
Aadhar card does not charge the applicants for the enrollment of the child. The government will bear the cost of Aadhaar registration. When the child visits the enrollment center for biometric update after 5 or 15 years, the child will not be charged for enrollment. However, if there is a need to update demographics during this period, then the applicant has to pay a fee of Rs.30.
m-adhaar for kids
Parents can register their mobile number with their respective child’s Aadhar card and use the mAadhaar app to carry the children’s Aadhar card in their smartphone. The mAadhaar app is designed in such a way that up to 3 Aadhar cards can be linked in it. Anyone can manage their own and their children’s Aadhar card in the mAadhaar app. The Aadhar card for children can be accessed anytime, anywhere and can be used as ID or address. This feature can be used by parents of children under 5 years old and even children in the age group of 5 years to 15 years.
Hope you enjoyed this blog of ours and if you have any thoughts or suggestions related to this post or ask any question related to it, please comment in the comment box below.